Subject: Re: Alpha & IFFs
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 12 Jul 95 22:02:49 PDT

Adam Chrysite writes:
>On Wed, 12 Jul 1995 [email-masked] wrote:
>
>> I have a Nekotech Mach1A Alpha with PreRelease LW.  When I try & load a
>> compressed IFF it says cannot decompress image and it skips the image.  I ha
v
>e
>
>I've never heard of a compressed IFF before..has amiga changed that much
>since i left????

	Almost every IFF image is Run Length encoded.   For the most part, this 
	is A Good Thing.

	Note:  TGA files support compression, but LW 4.0 PR does not do it.
	This is why all TGA files of the same resolution/depth are the same
	size.  This is a real drag, since they take up more space, but OTOH
	the saver plug-ins will address this and many other format problems,
	so......

	Anyway, if disk space is at a premium on your system, try to use a
	utility to losslessly compress your renders.  Usually simply re-saving
	them in TGA will do the trick.

>I'm just following my GROOVE and spreading happiness :)

	We'll be the judge of that!

>Adam Chrystie [email-masked]

***********************************************************************
*   (OOOOO)  [email-masked]  |  Synergy Graphix & Animation     *
*  (OOOOOOO)  Welcome to Seattle!  |   Film and Video Productions     *
*    \\\\\\    Have a latte'!      |Technical Subjects Our Specialty! *
*     \\\\\\      Or else!         |                                  *
***********************************************************************
--
[email-masked] sent this message.
To Post a Message           : [email-masked]
Un/Subscription Requests To : [email-masked]
(DIGEST)                 or : [email-masked]
Administrative Items To     : [email-masked]